At Officeworks, we understand that there may come a time where you need to return a purchase. We want to make the returns process as simple and easy as possible for you.
We have a range of ways you can return an item.
How to return your Officeworks purchase
Refunds can only be paid in the same tender as the original purchase or refunded to the account used to pay for the item in the case of a 30-day business account holder.
Where a credit card attached to an original purchase cannot be produced, the refund will be processed to an Officeworks Gift Card.
Where Returns are Accepted
|Payment Method||Return Accepted in Store||Contact the Customer Service Centre|
|Zip pay/Zip money||Yes||Yes*|
See below further information on each payment method.
For purchases made using Afterpay, you may return the purchase in-store or contact our Customer Service Centre by lodging a request via our Returns application form.
Once your order has been returned to an Officeworks store or picked up by a returns driver and receipted at our Customer Fulfilment Centre, we will send notification to Afterpay of your return.
* Unfortunately, instore Afterpay purchases cannot be returned via our Customer Service Centre.
Refunds will be processed to Afterpay only and not to credit card, cash or gift card.
For more information, please contact Afterpay on 1300 100 729 or visit the Afterpay website https://www.afterpay.com/en-AU/terms.
Zip Pay and Zip Money
For purchases made using Zip, you may return the purchase in-store or contact our Customer Service Centre by lodging a request via our Returns application form.
Once your order has been returned to an Officeworks store or picked up by a returns driver and receipted at our Customer Fulfilment Centre, we will send notification to Zip of your return.
* Unfortunately, instore Zip Pay and Zip Money purchases cannot be returned via our Customer Service Centre.
Refund payments for purchases made using Zip Pay or Zip Money can only be paid back into your Zip Pay or Zip Money account.
If you opened a new Zip Money account for your Officeworks purchase and paid Zip an account establishment fee, the account establishment fee will not be part of your Officeworks refund. For more information, please contact Zip here: https://help.zipmoney.com.au/hc/en-us
For purchases made online using Openpay, purchases may be returned in store or by contacting our Customer Service Centre by lodging a request via our Returns application form.
Once your order has been returned to an Officeworks store or picked up by a returns driver and receipted at our Customer Fulfilment Centre, we will process the refund against your Openpay account.
* Unfortunately, instore Openpay purchases cannot be returned via our Customer Service Centre.
Refunds will be processed to Openpay only and not to credit card, cash or gift card.
For more information, please contact Openpay on 1300 168 359 or visit the Openpay website https://www.openpay.com.au/
Purchases made using Union Pay can only be returned in store and refunded back to your Union Pay credit card. Unfortunately, Union Pay purchases cannot be returned via our Customer Service Centre.
For purchases made online using flyPAY, you may return the purchase by getting in touch with us via our Returns application form. Unfortunately, we are unable to accept flyPAY returns in store.
Once your order has been picked up by a returns driver and receipted at our Customer Fulfilment Centre, we will process the refund against your flyPAY digital wallet.
Refunds will be processed to the credit card used for the original purchase.
For more information, please contact flyPAY on 1300 359 729 or visit the flyPAY website https://www.flypay.com.au/
Where the original purchase was made via PayPal, you may return the purchase by getting in touch with us via eBay Messaging or via our Returns application form. Unfortunately, we are unable to accept PayPal Returns in store.
Once your order has been picked up by a returns driver and receipted at our Customer Fulfilment Centre, we will send notification to PayPal of your return.
Refunds will be processed to PayPal only and not to credit card, cash or gift card.
For more information, please contact PayPal on 1800 073 263 or visit the PayPal website https://www.paypal.com/au/home
Alternatively, you can exchange your item, or have it repaired, or a service cancelled, in accordance with the terms below.
Our goods and services come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under Australian Consumer Law. For major failures with the service, you are entitled to:
- cancel your service contract with us; and
- a refund for the unused portion or compensation for its reduced value.
You are also entitled to choose a refund or replacement for major failures with goods.
If a failure with the goods or a service does not amount to a major failure, you are entitled to have the failure rectified in a reasonable time. If this is not done, you are entitled to a refund for the goods and to cancel the contract for the service and obtain a refund for any unused portion. You are also entitled to be compensated for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage from a failure in the goods or service.
Change of Mind Returns – 30 Days
If you have changed your mind about your purchase, Officeworks will be pleased to offer you a refund or exchange provided that:
- You return the item within 30 days of purchase
- You produce a satisfactory proof of purchase (being your original register receipt or online proof of purchase, such as a tax invoice)
- The item is in re-saleable condition, including its original packaging (if any), is unused and as sold
If you are unable to provide a satisfactory proof of purchase, Officeworks may, at its absolute discretion, provide you with an exchange or Officeworks gift card to the current value of the item.
Unless Australian Consumer Law applies, please note change of mind returns are not available for the following purchases:
- Software and other downloadable material
- Prepaid business services which have been activated and / or used
- Gift cards, mobile phone recharge and iTunes cards
- Special orders
- Custom Print & Copy products
Faulty Goods Returns
If you believe you have purchased a faulty product, you must provide proof of purchase to receive a refund, replacement product or repair. Proof of purchase may be your original register receipt, credit card statement or any other form of evidence.
Officeworks may have the faulty product assessed by a third-party certified repair agent to determine the nature and cause of the fault. Officeworks reserves the right to decline an exchange, refund or repair where any product fault is caused by misuse or neglect.
Please note: during the process of repair, some or all of your stored data may be lost. Please ensure that you have saved this data elsewhere prior to repair.
Quality Print Promise
We want you to be 100 per cent happy with your print and copy products. In the event that you are dissatisfied, we will re-print your order for free provided that:
- Subject to your rights under Australian Consumer Law, you request a re-print of identical affected product/s within five business days of collecting or receiving your products; and
- All affected print and copy products have been returned in the same condition as they were provided to you.
If you’re still not happy, we’ll refund your money provided that:
- Subject to your rights under Australian Consumer Law, you have requested the refund within five business days of collecting your re-printed products; and
- All affected print and copy products have been returned in the same condition as they were provided to you.
Additional things to know
If your products were delivered to you, we will cover the cost of re-delivering your products. If you ask for a refund, we will also refund any delivery fee you paid.
This guarantee applies only to the quantity of print & copy products which you are dissatisfied with. This may be less than the entire order quantity.
Print & Copy print guarantee does not apply to print & copy products which match a physical proof which you approved prior to production of those products.
Production times for reprinted products are the same as for the original order.
General Note about Returns
You must provide proof of purchase to make a claim and Officeworks reserves the right to decline an exchange, refund or repair where a fault is caused by misuse or neglect.
For Prepaid Business Services, you may cancel a service which you have activated and claim a refund for the unused portion if there is a problem with the service. Requests for the cancellation of a service may need to be submitted to the service provider.
If you experience activation problems with Prepaid Cards or Special Activation Codes provided by third parties, we recommend that you contact the third-party service provider for assistance in activating any credit entitlement, as Officeworks is unable to independently determine the validity of these codes.
Many manufacturers have dedicated support centres designed specifically to deal with issues in relation to their products and may be able to provide a quicker assessment of, and remedy for, any issue with your purchased product. You may, therefore, prefer to contact the manufacturer directly although you are not obliged to do this. If at any time you are not satisfied with the manufacturers remedy in relation to your legal rights, you can contact your nearest Officeworks store. Officeworks may also return the product to the manufacturer to determine the nature of the problem.
Officeworks takes the privacy of customer data seriously. Please be aware that data (including, but not limited to, images, music and video) may be lost during the repair process of electrical and electronic products. It is the responsibility of the customer to ensure that all personal data is deleted before the product is returned to Officeworks.
Information on how we collect, use and store personal information can be found here: https://www.officeworks.com.au/information/policies/privacy-policy.
Personal information collected from you at the time of the return will only be used for the purpose of verifying and processing the return.
Last Update: March 2021
- Buying Guides
- Printer Buying Guide
- Home Office Buying Guide
- Retail Supplies Buying Guide
- Digital Signage Buying Guide
- Exercise Books Buying Guide
- Printers Buying Guide
- Drone Buying Guide
- Battery Buying Guide
- Laminators Buying Guide
- Back to School Tech Buying Guide
- Smart Homes Buying Guide
- Smart Lighting Buying Guide
- Wifi Network Buying Guide
- Router Buying Guide
- Modem Buying Guide
- Student Laptop Buying Guide
- Back To School Buying Guide
- School Supplies Checklist
- Ergonomic Chair Buying Guide
- Educational Resources Buying Guide
- Cameras & Vlogging Buying Guide
- Ergonomic Standing Desk Buying Guide
- Ergonomic Workspace Buying Guide
- Notebook, Notepad & Journal Buying Guide
- Laptop Buying Guide
- Monitors Buying Guide
- Software Buying Guide
- Security Software Buying Guide
- Chairs Buying Guide
- Gaming Buying Guide
- EOFY 2021 Buying Guide
- HDMI Cables Buying Guide
- Paintbrushes Buying Guide
- Copy Paper Buying Guide
- Sit-Stand Furniture Buying Guide
- Home & Office Security Buying Guide
- MacBook Buying Guide
- Networking Buying Guide
- Label Makers Buying Guide
- Fitness Tracker Buying Guide
- Hard Drives Buying Guide
- Projectors Buying Guide
- Wireless Speakers Buying Guide
- Mobile Phones Buying Guide
- Headphones Buying Guide
- Pens Buying Guide
- Pencils Buying Guide
- Laptops Buying Guide
- Laptops Buying Guide
- Tablets Buying Guide
- Monitor Buying Guide
- Smart Home & Office Buying Guide
- Moving Supplies Buying Guide
- Internet Security Software Buying Guide
- Shredders Buying Guide
- Mobile Phone Accessories Buying Guide
- Mobile Phone & Accessories Buying Guide
- VR Headsets Buying Guide
- Binding Machines Buying Guide
- Fitbit Comparison
- Commander Business Phones Buying Guide
- Envelope Sizes Guide
- Business Travel Checklist
- About Us
- Community & Sustainability
- Media Centre
- Store Locator
- Positive Difference Plan
- 1. Our Team
- 2. Our Team
- 3. Our Team
- 4. Our Community
- 5. Our Community
- 6. Our Community
- 7. Human Rights
- 8. Human Rights
- 9. Human Rights
- 10. Climate Action
- 11. Climate Action
- 12. Climate Action
- 13. Circular Economy
- 14. Circular Economy
- 15. Circular Economy
- 16. Sustainable Purchases
- 17. Sustainable Purchases
- 18. Sustainable Purchases
- 30 Day Business Account
- Bulk Buy Hub
- Get The Know How
- Officeworks App
- Track your order
- Customer Preferences
- Click & Collect
- Paper Choices
- Officeworks for Business
- Cost per page
- 3D Secure
- Education Thank You
- Fire Relief
- Support for business and households
- Best Products
- 15 Best Business Supplies That Could Be Tax Deductible
- 10 Best Monitors of 2020
- 10 Best Ergonomic Essentials
- 10 Best Father's Day Gifts
- 10 Best Laptops
- 10 Best Headphones
- 10 Best Vlogging Equipment
- 10 Best Gaming Products
- 10 Best External Hard Drives
- 10 Best Cameras
- 10 Best Paint Accessories
- 10 Best Tablets
- 10 Best Printers
- 10 Best Label Makers
- 10 Best Shredders
- 10 Best Computer Accessories
- 10 Best Mobile Phones
- 10 Best Financial Year Diaries
- 10 Best in Car Technology
- Best Kids Art & Craft Supplies
- 10 Best Paper Products
- Best STEM Toys
- 10 Best Paint Products
- 10 Best screen protectors
- 30 days business account
- Customer Communications
- Lexmark | Officeworks
- Caran D’Ache
- Netgear | Officeworks
- Trend Micro
- Kaspersky Lab
- Art Spectrum
- First Creations
- Ultimate Ears
- Kaiser Baas
- POS Payment Solution | Store Builder
- Bostik | Officeworks
- Arlo | Officeworks
- Circuit Scribe
- VEX Robotics
- Go Storage
- Fuji Xerox
- Creativity for Kids
- Winsor & Newton
- EDX Education
- School Zone
- Oxford University Press
- Educational Colours
- Learning Can Be Fun
- Gillian Miles
- Texas Instruments
- Derwent Academy
- Reading Eggs
- Melissa & Doug
- Three by Three
- VELCRO Brand
- Norton | Officeworks
- HP Ink
- Western Digital
- Google store
- Microsort Store (store builder)
- Square | Officeworks
- Apple Store