Nine ways to create a perfectly organised and decluttered office – in pictures
If your workspace ever makes you feel stressed or claustrophobic, it’s probably time to re-organise it.
Here are some tips on transforming your desktop mess into a perfectly organised area.
1. Use clever storage to reduce clutter
Use shelves, boxes or buckets to store your desktop accessories so they aren’t distracting.
2. Keep your workspace clean, clear and spacious
A minimalist style encourages cleanliness and keeps your desk free from distractions.
3. Place key office tools in practical positions
Keep your frequently-used items in the same, easy-to-reach areas and store the rest out of sight.
4. Use dividers to keep desk drawers well organised
Arranging your stationery into sections will help to prevent your drawers from turning into cluttered chaos.
5. Use a memo board to show your to-do lists and reminders
Having your important reminders placed in an organised fashion will help you get things done.
6. Create a charging station to keep cords untangled and hidden
Tangled wires can subconsciously affect your stress levels.
7. Make sure you have a space to store your important paperwork
If you need to keep important paperwork, make sure it’s placed away neatly in a storage holder.
8. Design your desk space in a way that is relevant to your type of work
If you’re constantly on your computer, arrange your other deck items around it.
9. Keep a bin near your desk
Make it as easy as possible to clear out clutter at any time.