KEEP BATTERIES OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN. Never allow children to replace button batteries on any device. Swallowing or placing inside any part of the body may lead to severe or fatal injuries in as little as 2 hours or less due to chemical burns and potential perforation of the oesophagus. If you suspect your child has swallowed a button battery or placed inside any part of the body immediately call the POISONS INFORMATION CENTRE on 13 11 26 for prompt advice. If your child is having any difficulty breathing, contact 000.
Dispose of used button/coin batteries immediately and safely. A battery can still be dangerous even when it can no longer operate the device. Place sticky tape around both sides of the battery and dispose of it immediately out of reach of children in an outside bin or recycle safely.
Please see button battery safety information
from the Australian Competition & Consumer Commission (ACCC).