Introducing Imation LTO Ultrium Generation 3 Tape Cartridges
manufactured with Imation's proprietary Tera Angstrom™ Technology. These next-generation cartridges combine the advantages of of linear
bi-directional formats with enhancements in servo technology
track layout and error correction. The result is an exciting new media that delivers outstanding performance and twice the capacity of LTO Generation 2 cartridges.
New technology provides advancements in quality
reliability & performance:
Imation Tera Angstrom technology consists of an advanced metal particulate formulation and manufacturing process. It employs three unique steps: an impingement process
a quiescent drying process
and advanced in-line calendering. These steps combine to create magnetic media with a significantly smoother surface and a high signal-to-noise ratio (SNR)
delivering reduced errors and faster transfer rates.
Robust data protection:
- Imation's patented corner snap improves cartridge strength by keeping the leader pin in place and the cartridge tightly closed in the event of rough handling.
- A patented three-piece tape spool aids in tape guidance
distributing stress more evenly over the tape for better performance and longer archival life.
- An increase in tape durability enabled by Imation's dual layer media using next-generation metal particulate (MP3) media formulation.
- A proprietary servo writing method optimises tape tracking and helps ensure accurate read/write operations - enabling best-in-class Position Error Signal (PES) performance to minimise servo off-track errors and improve overall transfer rates.
- Compatible with all brands of LTO Ultrium Generation 3 drives & tape automation systems