Your cart is empty.
The Tax Hub
Potential claims for you
Want to know how you can reach your Tax Potential?
We haven't found any specific claims for your profile however if you're working, you're entitled to claim deductions for eligible expenses that are directly related to earning your income. You have a $300 receipt free allowance for work-related expenses and with everyday low prices at Officeworks, there's never been a better time to stock up on your work necessities!
You may be able to claim*:
- As a tradesperson that works in construction, you may be able to claim certain car, clothing, self-education, tools and equipment, union fees and phone expenses.
- You generally cannot claim for travelling to and from work however you may be able to claim for travel undertaken as part of the workday (i.e. between jobs) or on behalf of work.
- You can claim up to $300 for work related expenses without providing documentary evidence. If you are claiming over this amount, keep your receipts.
- Once you've lodged your tax return, don't throw out your receipts or records just yet. It's best to keep these for five years from the date of lodgement.
- If you have children in primary or secondary school, you may be able to claim for education expenses such as computers, educational software, Internet, textbooks and stationery.
- You may be able to claim a deduction for your work uniform if it is identifiable (i.e. branded) and specific and to your organisation, or protects you from injury.
- Fees paid to a registered tax agent for preparing your tax return are deductible. You may also be able to claim for travel expenses to and from your registered tax agent.
- You may be able to claim up to a maximum of 5,000 business kilometres without written evidence. But it's still a good idea to keep a logbook to show how you arrived at your figure.
- The Australian Taxation Office website has great advice based on your specific industry and occupations. Find out what you can and can't claim here.
- The ATO website has a range of easy-to-use calculators and tools that can help you find out if you're eligible for certain credits and rates. See them all here.
- If your home is where you do the majority of your work, you may be able to claim a deduction for home office costs such as heating, cooling, lighting and Internet.
- If you're a full time student or an employee studying to improve knowledge specific to your current work, you may be able to claim education costs.
- Download free e-tax preparation software to lodge your return online. Click here to see if your system is compatible.
- Make tax time easier and your accountant happy by keeping your records organised year round. Sort them into categories and store in order with the most recent on top.
- The Small Business Tax break provides eligible businesses with a tax break relating to new investments. Find out if you're eligible here.
- If you have a business turning over under $2 million per year, you are classified by the ATO as a small business and could be eligible for some tax breaks. See your financial advisor.
- Keep all your company vehicle logbooks and travel diaries up to date. Well-maintained information will help your claim with the ATO.
- Use tax time to get rid of useless stock and write it off. By proving stock is obsolete you may be able to gain some savings on this year's tax bill.
- The Federal Government is cracking down on GST compliance for businesses so make sure you are prepared and know your obligations. See your financial advisor for more details.
- Writing-off bad debts is probably one of the most common tax breaks used by small businesses during the end of the financial year. Check the requirements first.
- If issuing group certificates to employees you must abide by ATO regulation. There are fines of up to $2,200 per employee if the certificates are not compliant.
- A business that uses machinery, plant, equipment or vehicles may be able to claim fuel tax credits depending on the type of fuel and how it's used. Find out more here.
Discover the latest tech products for your home or office and all the best accessories to match.Find out more
Ink & Toner
We've made it easier than ever to stock up on printer, ink, toner cartridges & laser printer drums.Find out more
Find the perfect furniture for your home or office with these great collections.Find out more
The more you buy, the more you save, so be sure to stock-up this tax time.Find out more
*Information provided on all profiles are general in nature only. Please seek financial advice from your tax professional or the Australian Taxation Office. For more detailed tax information, recommendations or advice please contact a certified tax consultant or visit http://www.ato.gov.au/ Officeworks is not a tax expert or advisor. Different rules apply for different deductions.
Free Delivery and Same Day Delivery are only available for order before 11:30am Monday to Friday (excluding public holidays) to metro customers in Brisbane, Melbourne, Geelong, Perth & Sydney dependent on postcode, and are not available for Big & Bulky items. Choose the same day delivery option at checkout and all items that are in-stock will be delivered on the same day.