We constantly review our business operations and strive to implement initiatives that limit our impact on the environment.
In our stores we are working to:
- Reduce waste to landfill and increase recycling through waste/recycling optimisation.
- Reduce our power consumption and improve energy efficiency. These include the trial and implementation of LED lighting and voltage optimisation.
- Use certified paper at all our Self Service Printers.
At our National Support Centre, we are supporting sustainable operations in a number of ways:
- We successfully transitioned to a carbon-neutral and certified paper stock in October 2012.
- We have paper and cardboard commingled recycling to minimise waste to landfill where possible.
- We implemented a Power Policy for computers. The power settings on all office computers, laptops and monitors ensure that monitors switch to standby mode after 15 minutes of inactive use and computers switch to standby mode after 60 minutes of inactive use.